ITRCA, a non-profit organization is made up of a group of volunteer intellectuals residing both in Afghanistan and internationally who believe that ICT is one of the major driver for modern development. We have formed a team and are concentrating on different researches on the ICT Sector of Afghanistan and the region. The group focuses on research that prevents ICT downfalls and spurs innovation and sustainability. Mainly our work is of policies that can ensure technological change, innovation and a better regulatory for the country; engagement in policy research, policy analysis and advocacy. We also do market research, policy and regulatory review, analysis and advisement.
Vision: Streamlining the Technological Development and Innovation Driven Change in Afghanistan.
Mission: Research, Analysis and Advocacy that could add value to Afghanistan’s ICT sector.
- Research on the current and future IT industry trends/products and introduce them to the market and decision makers.
- Focus on analyzing the ICT policies and suggest on improvements where possible.
- Pinpoints downfalls and potential growth areas of the ICT Sector.
- Research on use of ICTs for public/private sector where it could lead to a better business-climate and adds value to the economy of the country.
- Introduce better ways of research to public institutions including data gathering, analyzing and reporting that will result in better decision-making.
- Provides with opinions through regular articles and publications to the public.
- Research and Publications.
- Policy (policy formulation)
- Advocacy (awareness, networking, and influence)
- Broadband, wireless
- Data innovation
- Under-served population
- Economic theories
- Employability– Training & education
- Green Tech- Energy & climate
- Life science
- Hardware– Manufacturing, including solar
- Security & public safety
- Research & development
- Citizen information access
- Taxes, tariffs, etc
- Capacity building
- Community-based approaches
- Infrastructure analysis